First of all, I'm sorry that I've been neglecting the blog over the last several weeks. I'm sure that you can all imagine how busy I've been with the second draft and the Unbound campaign. I just haven't been able to fit much else in but I wanted to stop by and give you all an update. It's day 81 of my funding campaign and I'm at 91% funded. So I have nine days to raise 9% funding - somewhere in the region of £300. I'm pretty sure that I can do it, which means that Ashael Rising is going to be published at some point later this year. I am ridiculously excited at this idea!
I have completed the second draft and am now busily cutting words. It's amazing and a little scary) how often I use the word that. Of course, by the time I cut them all, no-one will know! I'm looking forward to me first experience of professional editing with enthusiasm and a little fear. I'll be sure to blog about the process when I get there.
The sun has been shining for the last week, making it really hard to work. It's so rare that we get a stretch a good of weather, all I want to do is be outside. Someday, I'll have a garden to work in and then I can have the best of both worlds.
Next week, I expect to have a "Lessons Learned" post for you but for now, the manuscript is calling to me. I'm sure I still have many uses of "that" to edit out!